Saturday, March 31, 2012

Playing with SRM Border Stickers

Ahh, Saturday. I love you! Today is a lovely rainy day here in NJ. We are in the lull between basketball and baseball seasons and I'm happy to say I don't really need to leave the house today if I don't want to. Don't you love those days?

Today I've got a page I made for the SRM Stickers blog to share. I've been wanting to scrapbook this photo for the longest time. It's my daughter and her grandfather reading. It's not the greatest photo, a little over exposed but I just love it. It worked perfectly with the light colors in my papers.
The page was for a challenge: to use the new We've Got Your Border stickers in a different way. I jumped right on the confetti bandwagon and cut up the dotted border, along with a small heart border to make my own confetti dot. Once I had the arrangement right I stuck them all down:
I added the yellow sentiment strip (from We've Got Your Sticker-Princess) on top of a thin yellow border sticker. Then the aqua scallop underneath. Journaling, which talks about the special relationship my daughter has with her grandpa, is on the tag in the little yellow bag. (All the materials on this page, aside from the lovely stickers) are from the Studio Calico Daydream Believer kit.

So now, I'm off to put on some comfy clothes and make my page for The Studio Challenges tomorrow. We've got another fun one on tap so I hope you'll check in and play along.
Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Mel said...

Love the cheery spring colours in this and the confetti. I am often drawn to imperfect pics too! I have a similar saturday to yours but I am full of cold and its the first day of my holidays so I don't feel as cheery about it!

soapHOUSEmama said...

Such a gorgeous layout! I love that confetti :)

Holly said...

Love the confetti!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!!!

Sierra said...

Love this LO....I love everything everyone has done from Daydream Believer! :)

~amy~ said...

excellent.