Friday, March 23, 2012

Elle's Studio Inspiration Gallery for March; Mini Album

Here's a little mini I made for Elle's Studio this month. It's made from leftover kraft envelopes with a clear card base as an overlay. This format that is handy when you want to include extra photos and ephemera. For me it serves as an album of some of my favorite photos from 2011.
I cut those flowers (yes, you've been seeing a lot of those lately on this blog) with my Silhouette then stitched them down to the first envelope. I took apart some Pebbles, Inc. dimensional stickers for those little red flowers. The blue grid bracket shape is a Pebbles, Inc. image for Silhouette and is placed on the clear overlay along with the Elle's tags and the Thickers:
Then I sewed the stack together with the flap sides out, and with a few Elle's Studio tags sewn into the binding as well:
Here's a view of the spine which is made from the clear overlay. It's actually a clear greeting card base that I purchased from Close To My Heart. I gave the card an extra score so it would accommodate the thickness of the book and the sticker I wanted to put in that space (SRM). The clear overlay is tacked to the book on the back:
I kept the interior simple and quick with a variety of Elle's tags, my trusty date stamp and some washi tapes:



There's plenty more inspiration in this month's design team gallery! Hope you will check it out. Also, it's Elle's Studio Anniversary/ 5th Birthday this month and there are lots of fun things going on. Stay tuned for a fun blog hop with many chances to win an awesome prize! Trust me, this one is going to be good ;) (Like 'a chance to win a $20 gift certificate to Elle's Studio on each of the participating blogs' good!)



11 comments:

soapHOUSEmama said...

Absolutely stunning!

Anna said...

Gorgeous mini Val, I love how you made it and the front cover looks great with the flowers too!

Teka Cochonneau said...

Wow this is totally beautiful! Love it!

Cathy Pascual said...

wow! gorgeous mini!

curlyqmosaics said...

What a beautiful mini album Valerie! I love the cover design, and the use of the washi down the inside seams look so fun, TFS!

Jennie M said...

What a great mini! I absolutely love the cover!

~jan said...

Using that sticker along the spine of this fantabulous mini is a stroke of genius, my friend! LOVE.
Using the overlay was a close second! Your stitching is wonderful and keep making those flowers - love those too!

Almayer said...

How much I like it...

patti west said...

Hi Val, love your mini!! The kraft w/turquoise & pops of red is beautiful!!

Lauren said...

What a fabulous mini!

Monique Liedtke said...

Absolutely wonderful!! Love the stitching on the front and the inside pages with the cards and the tape ... fab!!