Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday at The Studio

Its the start of a new term this week at The Studio Challenges. We have 3 new talented team members and are off to a great start. This week we've got a sketch challenge & I hope you will play along! Here's the page I made:

materials: patterned paper: Crate, Bo Bunny;fabric circles: Basic Grey; letters: American Crafts; stamp, arrows: Studio Calico; journal spot: Elle's Studio; grid paper: Post It; date stamp: office supply

The sketch had a lot of circle shaped elements - as soon as I saw it I knew I'd use this photo that been sitting on my desk, of my son and his Magic 8 Ball.

 I used a Studio Calico stamp for the number strips, and stamped them right onto a grid patterned pad of post-its. Very handy and already sticky! The rest of the page is a mish-mash of my last few Studio Calico kits and some BoBunny for that grey dotted background. (Picked that up last week at Scrapper's Cove - wish I had picked up a few more sheets.)
Stop by and take a look at the sketch and be inspired by our talented team! Link up and you could be our guest designer next month!

So, last Sunday was the 12th and I totally forgot (despite several reminders) to take my 12 pictures. This Sunday, I will re-group, re-organize and take my 12. In 20 years from now, no one will care if I took them on the 12th or the 19th, right? It can be our little secret.

6 comments:

Sasha Farina said...

magic 8 ball!! we have it too! lol... i love how calm this page is. Thank you for sharing Valerie!

~amy~ said...

ahhhh...I remember having one of those Magic 8 balls when I was younger....such a fun layout!!!

~jan said...

We still have our magic 8 ball, although it quit predicting long ago! :) Might even be considered vintage by now. Ha. ;) LOVE this layout, Val. Can never go wrong with grey, black and red!

Jamie Isaak said...

Lovely!! Don't you LOVE those graph post-its??? I use them for everything! :)

Margrethe said...

I adore this layout. The stamped numbers strip is amazing for it, as is the circles!

soapHOUSEmama said...

love this! so many great details.