Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Ahh, January 2, 2012 - I've been waiting for this day since the day after Thanksgiving. I had such a hard time getting in the festive spirit this year. I'm so glad it's finally here and I can start putting away all the holiday stuff. We cooked our last big holiday dinner yesterday for 12 and all that clean up is done. Good friends, good food - we wrapped up the season with a feast. I will be officially glad when all the leftovers are gone -which includes all the new cookies and candy that arrived yesterday. Tomorrow it's back to the routine - which will be difficult at first but I'm looking forward to the structure.

Are you committing to any new year scrapbooking projects? While I love the idea of Project Life, I'm not convinced I could commit to it in 2012. This is going to be a busy year and since I barely can keep up with a December Daily, I just don't think it's in the cards for me. I love the idea of Ella's Take 12 Challenge. 
I'm going to try this because I think I can handle it. I also love the idea of having a complete album at the end of the year. One layout a month is do-able for me. Here are the details if you want to check it out.

I've got a few cards on the Pebbles, Inc. blog today that I will share here tomorrow and I'll close with a couple of simple Valentine's I made a few weeks ago (also with Pebbles,Inc.- With Love line).
...love these cute die cut kraft tags and those masking tape stickers!
...that's an Amy Tan shape for Silhouette. I love Valentine's Day and couldn't help but notice while in the mall 2 days ago that all the stores are stocked with heart-shaped candy boxes. Bring it on! Once we get past January, it's a hop, skip and a jump to spring!



Hope you all have a great day!

10 comments:

Live a Life EXTRAordinary said...

Happy New Year sweet friend! I <3 your Valentine's Day cards! Love you clean and simple look with touches of texture and details. Fabulous! I, too, am happy to take down the Christmas decor and start fresh with a clean house! Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog design and projects!
Take care you,
Suz

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Sweet cards!
I agree as far as Project life and any type of commitment project. I am just not in that place right now.
I think the Take Twelve definitely does look doable :)

scrapbookertink said...

Love the embossing on your cards, ciao x.

jamie long said...

That is exactly how I was planning on doing my scrapbooking this year! Love those stickers too.

Mitra Pratt said...

Love those cards, Valentine's Day is my favorite Holiday!

Aliza said...

I'm the same about Project Life. I'm just not there, but I plan to do Take 12.

Sara said...

I did PL the 1st year & struggled to finish it. Bought 2 kits the second year that are still in the boxes. Love the idea but just can't keep up with it plus everything else. Love the cards! I'll have to look up those shapes in the Silhouette store! CUTE!!

Brenda said...

Very pretty cards! I'm doing Take Twelve, too, and looking forward to what we learn through the year!

~amy~ said...

Fun project...Take 12. Might have to think of doing something like that. Love your sweet valentines day cards!

~jan said...

*swoon* your cards are fabulous!