Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pebbles, Inc. Christmas Cards

All week Pebbles, Inc. is sharing some fun holiday cards on the blog. Today I've got my quick and easy holiday contribution:
I knew I wanted the type to be the focal point on these cards and loved how the kraft letter stickers mixed with the red cursive ones - so I kept the remainder of embellishment to a minimum. The striped patterned paper served as a background to smooth white cardstock. I love using diagonal stripes like this because they look the same on all 4 sides of the card. (Did you ever do this with a regular stripe and it only works on the sides? That's why diagonals are best.) Here are some close ups...for this card I used a rub on in place of the red font - I used the felt embellishments on all 3 cards:
the silver stitching adds a little bling and a nice frame to the graphic elements:
Here's the one that started it all - was dying to use that felt holly:
For a list of my supplies, all Pebbles, Inc. from the Welcome Christmas collection, except the white cardstock - stop by the blog. Great card making inspiration there!
So, are you ready for the big day? For us, the Eve is when we entertain so I'm starting to get a little nervous. With a brand new oven in place, I'm ready for the cooking to begin. Luckily, I'm done with work now until next week. There is much to do - I hope you are all enjoying the season!

5 comments:

Karen B. said...

So fun and festive and absolutely full of cheer! Hope you and your family have a merry holiday!

Diana Fisher said...

I love everything about these cards! Gorgeous!

~jan said...

LOVe these cards, Val! And I totally agree with you about the stripes! :) Glad you got your new oven in time! Good luck with getting all of the preparations done! Merry Christmas!

Briana Johnson said...

I saw these on the blog and they totally caught my eye - fab focus on letters - great mix like you said. I've never thought about what you said about stripes cause I'm not a super cardmaker but that is so true!

~amy~ said...

soooo very cute! love the crisp designs!