Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sunday at The Studio (on Tuesday)

Some people hate Mondays. Monday doesn't bother me because it feels like a hopeful/fresh start kind of day. Tuesday on the other hand - ugh. My least favorite day of the week. I started hating Tuesday back in my college days. I must have had a dreaded class on Tuesdays or something like that. It's a good thing it's followed by Wednesday. I have an all new respect for the 'hump' of the work week! Anywho....Here we are on Tuesday and I've got my page for The Studio...a little bit late. Our challenge this week, from the amazing Anna, was to use a color palette of grey, yellow and pink. Here's what I did:
materials: cardstock: Bazzill; patterned paper: Authentique, small die cut sentiments; tag: Creative Imaginations; letters: American Crafts; stickers: Crate; buttons: Pebbles; butterfly die: Stampin' Up

I love the mix of grey and yellow. As soon as I saw those Authentique papers at my lss I had to have them. Would never have occurred to me to mix in the pink. It all worked great with that old photo of Marilyn. You can check out the color challenge and find some more inspiration on The Studio Challenges blog. If that doesn't inspire you to play along, check out the swell vintage-inspired prize pack for this month from Anna's Make and Create Shop. Hope you'll play along!

Now, for the rest of the week - I'll have a card post up on the Ella Publishing Blog on Wednesday - they are featuring cardmaking all month long!
Stop by the Ella blog this month to enjoy card-related blog posts, eZine articles, giveaways, and a brand new ebook, 31 Thank You Cards, coming at the end of the month!

I hope you have a great day - thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

oooohhhh...lovely work....I do like that pop of pink!

Christina said...

love that color combo!
xo

Mel said...

Like this page a lot Val. I too find Tuesdays tiring and the weekend seems so far away...

Ursula said...

Cute layout, and I like Monday's too, but it's cause I like the chance to work on projects and my significant others are busy elsewhere.

Christa said...

Love your mix of colors Valerie!!

Sarah Webb said...

Sweet page! I am not a fan of Mondays. Always problems that crop up over the weekend to deal with at work!

Vee said...

gorgeous page!!!!

Chris and Paige Evans said...

I love that color combo! I love all the little details and layering you've got goin' on!

~jan said...

Seriously wonderful, Val! The addition of that pink is fabulous and as always, your design is spot on! Miss M sure has done some growing up!