Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Polkadot Door Designs Blog Hop!

June 1 - I can't believe it's June!
Time for the second Polkadot Door Inspirational Blog Hop! I had so much fun hopping through the blogs last time and seeing everyone's beautiful work. Looking forward to hopping along myself, today!

Have you arrived here from Jennifer's blog? Welcome! If you'd like to play along from the beginning, here's the order list:

Polkadot Door
Marivic
Jennifer
Valerie (you are here!)
Amanda
Diana
Sabrina
Nicole B.
Jennifer G.
Polkadot Door Designs

So, let's get to the fun stuff...this month's pretty inspiration photo. At The Polkadot Door you can use all of the elements or just 1 or 2.
As soon as I saw the photo, I knew exactly what paper I was going to use. I picked up this Pink Paislee paper 2 weeks ago at the expo (I'm kicking myself for not getting at least one more sheet!). Here's what I made; a wedding gift tag and card:
I took inspiration from the color palette, the dictionary type, the nest (in the form of a bird) & the "Mr. & Mrs." Here are some more views:
materials: card base: Canvas Home Basics; patterned paper: Pink Paislee; sticker: SRM; wood veneer: Studio Calico; stamp: Stampin Up; corrugated tag: craft supply

patterned paper: Pink Paislee; sticker: MME; wood veneer: Studio Calico; stamp: Stampin Up; pin: Tim Holtz; string: Divine Twine

So here is what you do. Starting with the Polkadot Door, follow the link list, leaving a comment on each blog as you go. At the end, leave a comment back at the Polkadot Door to let them know you completed the blog hop and which stop on the hop was your favorite. There is a prize for participating in the hop, and there is a prize for the inspiration challenge. You could be chosen to particpate in next month's hop!

This weeks sponsors are:
Berry 71 Bleu is providing 3 tags to winner of our Blog Hop (as well as joining our DT this month)...and

Pinkpearlstudio is providing a digital download of scrapbooking goodies to the winner of the Inspiration Challenge.

Time for me to hop along...hope you will, too -Thanks for stopping by!



21 comments:

Amanda Johnson said...

Love those veneer hearts!! Great card/tag set!

Vera said...

Nice cards!!

DeeDee said...

I'm loving the punched out circles as a mask type piece... I may be scraplifting this little scenario!! Great interpretation of the inspiration, too!

Diana Fisher said...

So very pretty! :)

jennifer said...

Ooh, that Pink Paisley paper is really beautiful, love how you've punched some circles in it on the tag. The veneer hearts add really great dimension too. Lovely items!

Jill said...

That card is ever so lovely!

Holly said...

Love your projects, so detailed and beautiful!

Anna Sigga said...

Love your projects!!

Mary Jo said...

Such pretty projects! And the wood veneer hearts are a great touch!! :)

Marivic (Berry71Bleu) said...

Very pretty card! I love what you've done!

Lisa Amiet said...

this is fabulous! Love the theme, wonderful job!

Keva said...

This is really pretty! Love the color scheme.

Amanda Profumo said...

Oooh! I love your card and tag! That paper is drool worthy... and the heart, birds, ribbon... swoon!

Rebecca Denhollander said...

Again, Thank-you for joining us this month at the Polkadot Door! Your project is stunning. I love how you used so many elements of the inspiration to create something truly unique, its beautiful.

JLP said...

Love this card and the tag! I know what you mean about needing that one more sheet! I feel your pain! Console yourself with the fact that you are crazy talented!!

Susie said...

delightful tag and card! great blog

Nicolle Kramer said...

Beautiful card and tag..:)

Sabr said...

gorgeous gift set Valerie! lovin the details!

silvia said...

Beautiful!

Faye Marie said...

Great tags!!!!!!!

Sherry843 said...

So pretty! I luv that pp you used.