Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Mother's Day Card

With everything going on this month, Mother's Day almost squeaked by me. That was until I got an email from Scrapbook & Cards Today asking me if they could share this little number on their blog - an 'old' fave from last Mother's Day:
materials: cardstock: Bazzill; patterned paper: Little Yellow Bicycle; sticker: October Afternoon; letters: Webster's Pages, Making Memories; clear gems: Dew Drops; misc: vintage sewing pattern
I punched the flowers from an old sewing pattern (I need to use these a lot more!) and stitched them down with a few wavy lines. My little creation is up there with an amazing gallery of handmade Mother's Day cards. You can see them all right here.
Thanks Scrapbook & Cards Today :)

4 comments:

curlyqmosaics said...

Congrats on the recognition of this fabulous card! I love the sewing patterns, and those clear centers look way cool Valerie!

aurorafedora said...

OMG!!! i love those flowers, i love that card!! very clever!

Briana Johnson said...

I can see why they wanted to feature it again! Very pretty, Valerie!

~jan said...

How cool! Congrats on the shout out, Val! This card is wonderful-I love those flowers!