- Sick kids since last Monday. Now one still remains home, diagnosed with pneumonia. Little guy is on the mend though
- Extraction of a 'foreign body' from my son's ear. (We thought it was a wax blockage, it was a piece of unpopped popcorn. He thinks his sister put it in there. I have my doubts.)
- Some family grief - sending my big brother good vibes today & hoping he is fine when all this is said & done.
- Finally solved the mystery of the rug colors for my client, thanks to my designing peeps at work. Whew! (That was weighing heavy on my mind. Now everything else can fall into place.)
- Somehow managed to get to the weekend crop, almost as planned.
How cool it is to see them doing their thing in person?!
Keshet is as smiley and happy as her pages - and look how neat she is!
Had a fun time showing Rebecca how to sew on her pages. Had great tablemates - in addition to Keshet & Rebecca - Laura and Linda were so nice and kept me company during the day on Saturday. Bought a Big Shot and a few other items from my gals at The Scrapper's Cove who were vending at the show. (now I need to get some dies asap!) Ate my weight in Swedish Fish and these...Keshet, Rebecca, Julie & I had a taste test to compare the two. (yes, they are different :)
...here's a backside that shall remain nameless ;) I'm told that under certain 'conditions', the words read 'holy crap' LOL
Here are some pages with "For the Record":
....need some more of this woodgrain asap!
...and here it is getting sewn back together:
...last but not least, I also made this layout with my December Studio Calico kit - so happy to be using up past kits:
If you look closely you can see I stitched my journaling strips down in the wrong order :(
I won nothing, which is fine. I already feel totally overwhelmed with stuff. In fact, unpacking seriously put me in the mood for a purge. Already have a 2" thick stack of paper pulled. Now onto the other stuff that isn't paper.
I hope you all had a great weekend and the week is off to a good start. It's already Wednesday, which I can hardly believe. Don't forget you have until the end of today to link up your FYI challenge projects. Looks like we have a good group joining in. Tomorrow Steph reveals challenge #2 so stay tuned!
Next week I'll be part of a fun Ella Friends blog hop. Have you seen the new book yet?