Friday, March 4, 2011

A Practicing Creativity Sketch Challenge

Getting ready for the March reveal at Practicing Creativity Designs on Monday - and today,  Courtney challenged us with this great sketch. Are you up for a challenge?

Love this sketch - so much potential - this is what I made:

here's a close up: 
patterned paper: Studio Calico; cardstock: Stampin' Up; stamps: Practicing Creativity; Ink: Jenni Bowlin, Tsukineko; markers: Copic; embossing powder: Close To My Heart (clear & silver metallic)

I used Look Up! Additions for the balloons and sentiment. I stamped the balloons with Jenni Bowlin Malted Milk ink then heat embossed with clear powder. I used a Copic marker to add some subtle color to the images. I stamped & embossed the tiny star from Retro Christmas, and the grid, also heat embossed,  is from For the Love of Grids.

To play along, link up your cards on Courtney's blog and you could win 3 (yes 3!) PCD stamp sets!! If you need more inspiration, you can check out what the design team did with this sketch. Just follow these links:

And make sure you stop back on Monday for the start of the Practicing Creativity reveal for March!

6 comments:

Dana said...

I LOVE your balloon sky Val! It looks so realistic. And I especially like the way you colored some sections of the larger pattern. Very eye-catching.
Make sure you let your readers know that if they participate in this sketch challenge and post their links on Court's blog then the winner gets THREE PCD stamp sets!!!

Meghann said...

SO cute Valerie!

Laurel said...

Love this!

Christa said...

Beautiful card!! Love the soft tones!

cate said...

very cute!

Karen B. said...

Oh so soft and serene. I think this is what I would feel of the surroundings if I actually had enough gumption to go up, way up, in a hot air balloon.