Thursday, February 17, 2011

TCB...late Thursday edition

I'm a few days late for my TCB post. Trust me, I would much rather have been making stuff and blogging. Work has been a little rough this week and next week looks like it will be more of the same. (Losing the crafty mojo tends to trickle down when designing stuff is your day job, too. The pressure of a waiting client does nothing to bring it back, in fact, it has just the opposite effect...anyway) Just happy to squeeze in a little time today to finish up a couple of projects and get my Twisted Sketches card done. So much more to work on. Hopefully, this weekend will include some crafty time!
So, hot off the crafty desk, this layout:
I used this sketch for this page. Here's a close up: 
materials: cardstock: Bazzill; patterned paper: Crate for Studio Calico, Studio Calico, MME; stamps: Studio Calico, Creative Cafe; stickers: Crate for Studio Calico; letters: Cosmo Cricket: pen: Pilot; ink: Versamark; embossing powder: American Crafts

Here's one more page, using the same sketch. Didn't realize until after I took the photo that my 'n' moved. Dang it. (Re-shoot pending :)
Here's a close up: 
materials: cardstock: Bazzill; patterned paper: Crate for Studio Calico, Studio Calico, MME, Basic Grey; stamps: Studio Calico, Creative Cafe, Scrap Rat; stickers: Crate for Studio Calico; letters: American Crafts: pen: Pilot; ink: Versamark; embossing powder: American Crafts; page pebbles: Close To My Heart

That rainbow paper was so intimidating to me at first but it's turned out to be one of my all time faves. I used it on my Studio card from last Sunday, as well. I have a few spare sheets, so there's more to come. For this page, I cut into the rainbow to tuck my photo in. Then I layered up the patterns and sewed them down. It's a nutty page but I like it.

Quite a lot going on over at Ella Publishing. My Ella friends Francine, Monika and Lee have a great post up on the blog with some easy hybrid tips. All things I plan to try! Also, a brand new e-book is out:
Written by Wendy Smedley and Aby Garvey, How To Scrapbook Your Personal Heritage is loaded with fun challenges that will help you capture your memories from "childhood & beyond." I have so many photos from when my brother's and I were kids. One of my Dad's Aunt's even scrapbooked and I've inherited those old books and photos as well - so I've been waiting for a book like this!

Have to mention the Paper Crafts 'Designer Blog Roll'. This was such a surprise. To be on that list with all of those amazing designers is truly an honor. Ok, so back on Saturday with a couple of cards - see you then!

13 comments:

Karen B. said...

Wow, seriously, these are awesome layouts! I love the use of patterned paper as a background, yet you've made it NOT look too busy. Talented, talented you are!

StephC said...

My gosh, these are adorable! Your daughter is too cute! Love them!

Meghann said...

Awesome layouts, Valerie! Especially love how you used the rainbow paper for a different subject! Congrats on being chosen for the blog roll!

curlyqmosaics said...

These are some super fun in the sun layouts! Love the colors, the clouds and rainbow paper!

Irini said...

Gorgeous layouts love the bright fun colours!

Jules said...

Love your layouts, they're both gorgeous. I wouldn't dare use the rainbow paper, but you've made it look great without being overpowering - love it :D

Jessica said...

Uh I am in LOVE with that first one (although all are great...). I just adore it. I cannot wait to break into that kit too & use that paper!!!

Mandy said...

Love your layouts they all are so fun!

aurorafedora said...

wonderful layouts! and big HIGH FIVE on the papercrafts blog roll! you are awesome!

Amy Heller said...

Lu-huv (Love) these layouts, Valerie! I'm finally breaking into my kit this weekend! Oh, an CONGRATS on your card being featured in this week's northridge media newsletter - i LOVE that one!! Awesome!!

lisa truesdell said...

loving these pages!! you've been busy. i love how you used the starburst stamp on both of them.

Briana Johnson said...

COmpletely creative use of the rainbow paper! I haven't seen anyone else do anything like that. LOVE your stuff!
I majored in interior design in school for a while then switched to merchandising. I was just thinking how fun it would be to see some of your interior design stuff. I bet it's fabulous!

~jan said...

Both of these layots are just fantastic, Val! :) Both photos are just wonderful and the first thing that cathes your eye. I love all the little stitching and penwork details you have added to both layouts.