Thursday, November 11, 2010

A pair of challenges...

Been working on a few things this week and have a couple of fun things scheduled for Friday. First up will be a fun, freestyle blog hop with the Ella friends.  In honor of becoming Ella friends, we will be creating projects related to friendship. (It's been so fun getting to know them over the past few weeks.) Then I get to spend the rest of the day hanging out with my cousin Tom and hitting some of the local sites to take photos. He just got a new dslr so now we are both a little obsessed with taking pictures. Looking forward to a photo-centric day and maybe a hot dog from the Windmill  :)

Today I've got a card I made for 2 challenges. (Practicing my multi-tasking!) This is for the Everything But The Kitchen Sink color challenge with the Twisted Sketches card sketch from Saturday (thought I'd play along with the other team since I loved the sketch - you can see it here.). Of course, I'm a day late but it's no biggie - I needed the practice!
Yesterday some old pals returned home from their publishing journey - along with an extremely loaded box of craft supplies. I'm still marveling at the new additions to my stash. Think I'll need to share the love for my 1 year bloggiversary which is rapidly approaching!
Enjoy the day all!

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a PRETTY card...

sophie said...

very nice card!! I have made my second card ever this week( well!! no comment!!) and i know how hard it is to make a beautiful card ! you make fantastic cards! you rocked that one! have a great day!

Courtney Baker said...

I love this card! Thanks or playing along!

Linda said...

This is beautiful, thanks for taking part in the Twisted sketch this week. Hope to see more of your work soon.

Karen B. said...

This is beautiful! Love the quilted look.

aurorafedora said...

a perfect card as usual!
hey, check out my cards on flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/45649293@N02/sets/72157625363171004/

freckleface said...

Beautiful card - I love the clean lines and the sophisticated look!

~jan said...

What a pretty card, Val and a great take on the sketch! Im going to have to tuck that sketch away and pull it out sometime-love it. :)

jen said...

so pretty! love all of your elements! congrats, diva!