Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Studio & Page Maps

Another paper crafty holiday! (My husband always jokes with me on this day, and National Scrapbooking Day - he asks me if the bank will be open and if we are going to get mail.) Happy World Carmaking Day - hope you get to work on some cards today an participate in the exciting happenings all over the web.

This month The Studio design team had the honor of working with Becky Fleck of PageMaps. She supplied us with her October sketches and we made some sample layouts for her newsletter & website. What fun that was. You can see her newsletter here, and her blog here.
Yesterday I shared the 'back up' layout - today I've got the sketch I worked with:
and here's the layout featured in her newsletter:
For this layout I used mostly Studio Calico Elementary. That dark blue paper is called Atmosphere and it is my new favorite color. I also got to use Mr. Huey's - the new Studio Calico spray ink. I can't even tell you how much I love this stuff. The color I used here (on the "k") is Sunshine. Other items on this layout: some K & Co. border strips, my last 3 Pebbles dots (I need to get more of those asap!) and some Basic Grey lined Basics paper.
If you haven't been to Becky's PageMaps lately, she's donating proceeds from the sale of her October PageMaps Layered Templates to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. Also, PageMaps 2 is now available. Good stuff :)

I was excited yesterday when my blog pal Karen alerted me to this. I have to say, the best part of doing this is when you learn you've inspired someone to make something. I will never get tired of how that feels. If you haven't picked up your copy of this yet:
you can get a copy here. It's such a great issue - My copy is dog-eared throughout!

I'm thinking I'll post my photos from Picture Fall here on the blog. I'll do a compilation post every Thursday - that way it's more condensed. Maybe I'll teach myself how to make a fancy Photoshop collage. (I know it's only been 1 day, but what fun!)
It's a gorgeous day here in New Jersey. Cool and sunny and dry. For the first time in 5 days I think my hair has a fighting chance! Enjoy the day!

13 comments:

~jan said...

Happy World Card Making Day, my friend! Glad the weather your way is improving. Love this layout of your little guy-what a cutie-patootie! I can see why you love that blue, it is very yummy indeed!
Congrats on the PC shout-how cool is that? Very.

Sasha Holloway said...

LOVE your layouts always. This is no exception

Karen B. said...

He's so handsome! My son always wishes for spiked hair but we never let it grow long enough, gets too nappy! Hope you have a wonderful day and I'm so glad that you stopped by the PC blog to see your recognition. So well deserved!

Gloria said...

Another great, great layout! You are a master al layering and using color, really what a lovely page. TFS:)

~amy~ said...

Your layout is stunning and your boy is adorable!!!!

Geralyn said...

Oh wow, I love your layout! All the layering and details are fabulous.

lisa truesdell said...

love that page!!!

Christina said...

Awesome layout!!
xo

Courtney Baker said...

I love Holiday Cards so many great cards in there! Gorgeous page!

Sara said...

Love the LO! I've been in the mood to scrap school LO's but haven't had time. Great papers! Have fun making cards today!!

Briana Johnson said...

love this one and the last one you posted as well. Love your take on the sketch replacing the owl with the K.

ArlaMo said...

Love that hair!! And I have to agree, that paper is fabulous! Such a great color.

Jessica said...

No big surprise, but I'm a total fan of yours! I *always* love what you make! So glad you liked the post!

Jessica Witty
Paper Crafts Go-to-Gal