Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday at The Studio

For this week's challenge at The Studio, we focus on one of my favorite subjects: food & drink...
"dedicate a layout to your favourite consumables! Whether it's chocolate, coffee or wine, tell us all about it"
I love working on these Studio challenges but this one was particularly fun. I knew exactly what I would make a layout about as soon as I saw the prompt....

I'm not sure what they put in this stuff but I just can't get enough of Dunkin' Donuts coffee! So much so that I feel a little pang of relief & well-being when I see the pink & orange "D"s in close proximity. I always order the same thing - Medium Hazelnut Light & Sweet - all seasons - all the time. I know my obsession is a little crazy. I tell myself there are way worse things to be addicted to.
Here's a detail:
For this layout, I used my Studio Calico coffee ring stamp - which was pretty much made for this project, and actually most of the product is from my Studio Calico kit for September (the main kit, Back 40 and the Harvest Moon add on). Also used the wrapper from my straw and hand stitched the little swirls of 'steamy coffee goodness', also part of the DD coffee cup logo, right onto my page. Hmmm, I think I'm in the mood for a cup right now!
So go check out what the design team did with this challenge - I think we all had a pretty good time with this one!

Supplies: Cardstock: American Crafts; Patterned paper: Echo Park, Basic Grey; letter stickers, border sticker, journal block: Basic Grey; yellow journal block, butterfly: Jenni Bowlin; frame: Maya Road; stamp: Studio Calico; string: Martha Stewart; spray ink: Tattered Angels; floss: craft supply

10 comments:

Amy Heller said...

This is adorable, Valerie!! And I won't hold it against you that you drink DD - I'm a Starbucks girl (being from Seattle, I can't even go there with DD - LOL) I think I'll have to do a page dedicated to my fave drink -it's a daily sometimes twice daily habit! Have a great Sunday! :)

g said...

Holy smokes, you STITCHED THE STRAW WRAPPER ON!!! I think I may love you.

Fabulousness. :D


g

Courtney K said...

totally fun layout - love how you used the wrapper from the straw. so many fun details. and you used that stamp perfectly.
so i was flipping thru the PC HC&M issue this morning and i saw this awesome tag. i was like oh wow i totally need to try the silver behind kraft...and then i looked and was like well of course it's a valerie creation!

Sarah said...

Absolutely adore this layout and all the little details you worked in to reinforce the theme.

aurorafedora said...

this layout is just perfect!! i love my coffee too!

Keshka said...

This is so cute! The coffee stain stamp is quite perfect here:)

simplyinspired said...

Oh this is so awesome - and not just because I love DD too :) I love the little details like the straw wrapper- genius!

Sara said...

You are a girl after my own heart!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE DD!! The only difference is I'm a Lg light & sweet (reg coffee--can't do flavored coffees). This makes me want to lift your LO!

Cindy Lee said...

This layout is just awesome! I'm impressed with your handstitched swirls! I just love this!

Diana said...

How cute!
I should have done this challenge--I think I have scrapped about my morning coffee at least three times in three years lol