Saturday, May 1, 2010

down with NSD...

that's National Scrapbooking Day. (My husband cracks up when I announce this 'holiday' every year.) In honor of the day, I participated in some of the challenges over at Studio Calico. I love scrapbooking stuff just for fun, so that's what I did. These 2 layouts fulfill several challenges: 1) Scrap Your Mama (my mom, vintage-style, is featured in both pages) 2) Scrap Old Photos (the photos are from the Summer of '69) 3) the White Space Challenge & 4) The Sketch Challenge. I was hoping to do a few other challenges but I just ran out of creative mojo. I'm not going to push myself any further, as I have an intense week of craftiness ahead.

So, here's the first layout I made (for both layouts I used the Joyland kit from Studio Calico):

Check out my stylin' mom. This photo was taken in a place called "Evergreen Lodge" where we used to go on vacation every year. It was in the mountains of PA and there were no phones there. (Now that is what I call a vacation!) We had to walk a mile to the general store and use the phone booth pictured above. I have vivid memories of whining all the way there and back to the Lodge. I have always loved this photo so I was super stoked to make a page with it.
Here's number 2:
Not feeling this one so much because I'm really not into the pennant trend but I do love these photos. They are from the same year as the photo in the first layout. Same venue, too. I wish I had just used the swimming photo because I could have told the story in a more specific way.
I'll post my Scrapper's Cove work tomorrow. Hoping to wrap that up in the a.m. My photo class started up again last week - the advanced class. I need to work on the assignment for the week: an environmental portrait. Gary (our teacher) wants to see a minimum of 50 shots. Time to rest up!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Awww...what beautiful LO's! Love that you scrapped your mom! And you did great with the pennants!! I love the look but have yet to use it. :( Glad you were productive today!

You had me cracking up with the comments your hubby made about NSD! ;D