Friday, May 21, 2010

the card with the berry

Ever try to make something crafty sans creative mojo? That happened to me yesterday. I had an overwhelming  desire to get a card in for the Cards Blog challenge but had no idea what I would do. I knew I had to use berries, and luckily, had some product on hand.

The worst part of this dilemma, is that I waste so much product when this happens. I make stupid mistakes and then get cranky about it. I find myself  repeating the mantra 'it's just paper, it's just paper..." Here's the aftermath:
I'm very messy when I'm working. This time I trashed some Basic Grey stickers, MME Lush chipboard letters, a K & Co lace frame and my most favorite Studio Calico paper ever. (The recipe paper - not sure what it is called but at least enough was salvaged to actually make the final card.)
I made 3 versions of this card (there's #1 in the gabage can - it was awful!) before settling with this one. I do like it, but it just feels like the same card I always do. yawn.
Today I had planned to go the Scrapbook Expo but thinking I can't really justify buying anymore supplies right now. I have so much and next week is Studio Calico reveal week. I know I want one of the add-ons this month. So, I think I'll stay local today, try to hit a few Friday yard sales with the little boy and search for my missing mojo! I know it must be here somewhere...

4 comments:

Amy Heller said...

I love your card, Valerie! As for your mojo, it's there - I get that way, too - usually right after a very productive time, I call it needing a creative breather. :)

Chris and Paige Evans said...

Your card turned out awesome!!

Clare said...

Oh yes, I've had that problem lots of times, except I've never thrown away a whole card before (probably going to happen in the future though....)
Anyways, I LOVE that first version, from what I can see of it - the scalloped border looks so pretty!
But the second one looks pretty darn awesome as well. :)

Karen B. said...

Love this. I probably would have loved your first version too. Its funny to hear you say that it is similar to your other designs, because I find it different from others when I became a fan, but I'm no expert. I love it. And...it was a great feature on Friday too!