Thursday, April 22, 2010

circles, circles everywhere...

I'm a square girl. Definitely like the square. I like symmetry. I like straight, evenly spaced lines. So, when I saw the Studio Calico Sunday Sketch for this week, which was all about circles, I thought it would be a good challenge to break out of my rectilinear rut.
Here's this weeks sketch, another winner by Susan Weinroth (I love her sketches and work).

I liked the possibility of this sketch so much, I had to do it twice. Here's my first take. The 8 1/2" x 11" version:
I used Easter photos, my Quilting Bee kit and added some new Sassafrass Lass border stickers I just picked up. Also used my new Martha 'classic' butterfly punch. I see this thing used all over the Studio Calico galleries and now I know why. They really are sweet. (I forsee abuse of this tool!)
Here's version 2, the 12 x 12 version:
Finally broke into the Joyland kit with this one. What I love about this layout sketch is how many photos you can include without overloading the page. This would be a great lead in page for a Disney album, or any occassion that has tons of photos that are destined for divided photo pages. I've got a few of these waiting to be made. This layout design will definitely get used again.
Another great giveaway on Rebecca Cooper's blog today. Stuff like this makes me want to try digital scrapbooking. Have a look and leave a comment for a chance to win!

2 comments:

Sara said...

What a great sketch! LOVE LOVE LOVE your LO's!! They are fantastic!!

Brenda Johnston said...

This layout is super cute! I found your blog via the MME challenge. I love your stuff!