Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ella Sketch Week 6 of 6

The last Ella sketch in this series. Not sure how I will keep on track without these weekly sketches! I have an all new respect for them and how much easier they make my scrapbooking work. Donna's sketches are so simple and clean. It's been fun to see the various interpretations. Here is this week's sketch:
Here's what I made today:
I made it easy on myself and didn't make too many changes. The patterned cardstock is Lily Bee. I used the Thickers from my Studio Calico kit, some Tim Holtz film strip ribbon, Maya Road flowers and May Arts lace ribbon.
My dad, who is an amazing photographer, took those photos in 1969. We were on our 'stoop' (aka front steps) in Brooklyn waiting for car service to go to my grandmothers. (In Brooklyn, car service = taxi. You call them on the phone instead of hailing them on the street like a taxi, and they come and take you where you want to go). People rely heavily on this service as it's really not necessary, or easy, to own a car in Brooklyn. We didn't until my parents decided we were moving to New Jersey in 72'. Anyway, I don't remember this day but these have always been favorite photos for me.
Need to focus back on cookies for the next few days. Another job due on Friday. This time perfume bottle cookies. I'd much rather be making stuff out of paper!

3 comments:

Turner Family said...

Great take on the sketch - love this layout!

Sara said...

What a great story to go with a beautiful LO! Love the sketch--nice & easy!!

Lydia said...

you are one talented lady, great cookies and creations!!