Monday, January 18, 2010

Ella sketch challenge...#1 in a series...

Yesterday was rainy & cold in the northeast - perfect weather to work on my layout for the Ella Sketch Challenge. Here is this week's sketch:


and here's what I made (so far):


Supplies: patterned paper: K & Co. (Amy Butler), Stampin Up; cardstock, stamping ink: Close To My Heart; letter stickers: American Crafts, Making Memories; rubber stamp: Hero Arts; mist ink: Tattered Angels; lined paper: Jenni Bowlin Studio;  ribbon: Making Memories; punch: Martha Stewart Crafts
I rotated the sketch and broke the lower photo into 4 small photos. I went back to the mist (sounds mysterious) for some background interest, and I used my brand-spankin'-new doily stamp. It's a new Hero Arts stamp that I fell in love with on sight the other day. I've been dying to use it. (We haven't seen the last of that guy.)
I also used the actual tickets from the ballet we attended. No point in letting all that stuff sit in a box somewhere. I need to find a better system for keeping track of the ephemera -the tickets, receipts and collected paper stuff. Anyone have a system that is working? I mean well but wind up scattering it all over the place. (Those tickets on the layout are from last week - it took me 45 minutes to find them!)

5 comments:

Christy said...

Very nice. As far as Ephemera goes- each kid has clip board hanging in my studio. I simply clip stuff up there. No flat surface clutter that way. If I am really organized, I scan stuff every week and file in a folder on the computer.

The Ella layout is on my list today, perhaps I'll get it done?

Margie said...

I love your take on this layout. Cute photos too. I've recently started storing my memorabilia & ephemera in old sleeves used for embellishment storage. I can't remember what they were called. They fit right in my 3-ring binder. I slip a card in the pocket with an explanation or stick a label on the outside where the item is stored. I'm thinking this will be a good way to keep them organized and they can still be enjoyed as is if I never get around to using them on a page.

Valerie said...

Thanks so much - these are both great ideas!

Chris and Paige Evans said...

" I went back to the mist (sounds mysterious)" - lol, that's so funny.

Lovely layout, I especially like the stitching around the border.

Donna Jannuzzi said...

I love your take on the sketch - especially that you made it your own. And I also like that you added the ticket from your day. :)