Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day 5 and some cards...

Well yesterday was a very busy day off but I got a lot done.
First order of biz was to ice Christophers's cookies - the snowmen from Day 3. Here is how they turned out:

Also on the to-do list were a couple of cards that I will probably send in for the Cards Blog challenge. I tried to make the background of the snowflake card glisten so I used rock candy Stickles. I love the effect but it made the card a little lumpy. I should have made it thicker or sewn it to a heavier background.  Here are the 2 cards I made, and the sketches that inspired them:












I bought myself this little sketchbook in the Fall. I carry it everywhere in case inspiration strikes. It's particularly handy when I'm waiting in school parking lots or for client deliveries. I resisted having one of these for a long time but I am amazed at what a great, time-saving tool this has turned out to be.

No comments: